Click the job post below for more info.
Customer Care Representative
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Start Date – May 3rd (Full Time, Permanent)
One of the UK’s top three car insurers, Admiral provides car insurance, home insurance, loans, and various other products to over 7 million customers in the United Kingdom.
We’re a passionate, profitable, and well-established company with operations in eight countries. We employ over 10,000 people globally, who are at the heart of what we do.
Admiral's Halifax office opened in 2007. We employ over 400 staff who support our customers in the United Kingdom with home and motor insurance policies.
We have been recognized as one of Canada’s Great Places to Work every year since 2010 and we’ve also been named one of Nova Scotia’s and Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers annually since 2015.
Renewals are a diverse and rewarding department in which you’ll have a vital role to play. You’ll take inbound calls from existing policyholders looking to discuss their renewal quote and use your customer service talents to win their business again. This is an exciting area of the business to work in, especially if you thrive on being challenged.
You’ll need to be an all-around excellent communicator and a great negotiator. Your friendly, helpful, understanding approach combined with strong product knowledge is what will make all the difference to our customers.
You'll stay up to date with a set of standards and procedures designed to help you understand the policy holder's circumstances, ensuring they get the best possible service and value for money.
Our ideal candidates are:
- Reliable and committed to achieving individual and team goals
- “Change champions” who are adaptable to an ever-changing environment
- Positive and resilient to handle any challenge that arises
- Enthusiastic learners who apply feedback to grow in their role and achieve their goals
- Talented salespeople with the ability to upsell multicar and multiproduct.
- IT savvy to swiftly update customer's details correctly.
No previous experience in insurance or call centers is required. We consider the potential of the candidate, their eagerness to work here, their ambition and enthusiasm, over any previous experience in a similar role. We will teach you the rest!
Our philosophy is simple yet effective: “People who like what they do, do it better!” We put a lot of effort and investment into making sure that Admiral is a happy place to work, where challenge, opportunity, and career path development are encouraged, and fun is never frowned upon.
Our award-winning culture is honest, open, and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
Due to the concerns and spread of COVID-19, we are taking precautions and putting the safety of our employees and candidates first.
You will initially work from home. This could be subject to change as we continue to monitor and follow public health directives.
We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle. Post-training, we will endeavor to accommodate flexible remote-working wherever possible.
In anticipation of remote working, you will need an adequate space in your home that is free from distractions and have a download speed of 40 Mbps or higher and a ping no higher than 30ms. Please use this link to conduct a speed test: https://www.speedtest.net
Other great things to know
- We promote an inclusive and accessible workplace, where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported.
- In addition to your base salary, you will earn performance-based incentives through achieving targets. New starters will earn a guaranteed learning bonus during the first few months.
- If needed, a laptop computer can be provided for remote working.
- Our office is conveniently located just off Mumford road. Parking is free.
- Full-time, permanent employment, with no shifts past 4 pm and weekends shared on rotation.
- Visit https://joinadmiral.ca/employee-benefits/ to learn more about our exceptional benefits and what makes Admiral a great place to work!