Function: Inside Sales
Location: Lower Sackville, Halifax, NS CA
Date posted: 6/4/2018 5:51:02 PM
Permanent / Contract: Regular
Job number: 1051148
The Staples Account Specialist (SAS) will be responsible for outbound calling in accordance with program strategies. Also will be responsible for the satisfaction, and growth of the U.S. customers called while utilizing internal resources to overcome obstacles.
The SAS will work very much defined campaigns that have a primary objective assigned to the call with supporting marketing materials. In addition to the defined campaign, it is expected that the SAS will influence different segments of customers than the Staples Account Management & Business Development teams. The associate will generate sales dollars for Staples through soliciting purchases, customer retention, and product category penetration through directed and planned sales campaigns.
Associates will leverage purchase history and offer strategies delivered for each individual customer to determine which Staples’ features/benefits will appeal the most to the customer then present those features/benefits to the customer. The SAS will also enroll all new customers into the program, thus delivering active customers into the program. Create a sense of satisfaction as related to purchasing with Staples based on offers presented. Meet or exceed productivity requirements. Collect marketing intelligence and validate/update customer data as required. Consistently represent Staples.com in a positive and professional manner.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- The ability to multitask
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Willingness to apply new techniques on customer calls
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team dynamic
- Identify special sales leads and qualify the customers on specialized product needs
- Ability to convert customer interactions into a profitable revenue source
- Ongoing identification and discovery of purchase needs
- Ability to close a deal on the phone if a sales opportunity exists
- Display proficiency in order processing using Staples order management system
- Obtain customer insight data for new customers (e.g., competitive information, purchasing behavior, product needs, etc.) and leverage knowledge to respond to sales objections
- Update customer data and maintain data integrity
- Possess strong and current industry knowledge
- Utilize time management skills to manage high phone call activity and email interaction
- Ability to adapt to new sales systems/communication methods
- Distribute available promotional material in support of campaigns
Key Performance Metrics
- Contact Rate (conversation with the customer)
- Varies based on call type (i.e. Campaign Calls expected to make 30 contacts per day, likely will make 100 dials per day)
- Selling Time (time spent on calls with customers)
- Varies based on call type (i.e. Campaign Calls expected to be speaking with customers for four hours per day)
- Number of Orders Placed
- Average Order Value for Orders Placed
- Order frequency for a customer segment
- Customer database accuracy/integrity
- Performance within new/under-penetrated sales systems (i.e., online transactions, online frequency, mobile integration, Auto Restock, etc.)
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application, or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if requested.
For more information and to apply for this opportunity, please visit Staples Global Careers.