Function: Inside Sales
Location: Lower Sackville, NS CA
Date posted: 5/20/2019 9:27:11 PM
Permanent / Contract: Regular
Job number: 1089722
The expected start date for this position: ASAP
1 position open
Are you looking for a company where you can be part of a team and receive stable pay with the ability to earn even more? A company where you can advance your career within a few years? Then don’t pass up this opportunity to turn your ambition and competitive spirit into a rewarding sales career with one of the world’s leading business to business sales forces — Staples Business Advantage! For the past 30 years, we have built a global reputation with business clients of all sizes as a world-class one-stop resource—for not just office supplies, but also for all of their technology, print, furniture and facility procurement needs. As we continue to grow, we are looking for highly motivated people just like you to serve as Account Managers.
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing small to medium customers with an emphasis on driving increased penetration and sales over the phone, while enhancing customer satisfaction and retention through regular customer contact and utilization of internal resources for problem resolution. You will maintain and retain sales into existing accounts through selling new categories and adjusting programs to meet the customer’s current needs.
- Manage, retain, and maintain a book of customer accounts (account base provided)
- Maintain revenue through proactive outbound phone calls to assigned accounts
- Ensure retention by building and maintaining relationships with key decision makers
- Maintain each customer’s current spend and actively prevent customer and account attrition
- Over the phone engagement with customers to uncover and win new opportunities and discuss promotions and/or campaigns
- Leverage key partners to maintain overall sales in all categories
- Meet activity goals and metrics per day (including outbound dials, sell time, and unique live contacts)
- Manage pipeline to identify opportunities and convert those opportunities to bring in sales
- Sell Staples membership programs
- High school diploma
- Computer proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Strong phone presence
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a sales, customer service or a sales support position
- College degree preferred or commensurate experience
- Strong time management skills
- Effective communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to sell company values and services, in addition to program features and benefits via phone and internet
- Adaptable to a fast-paced organization
Staples is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if requested.
For more information and to apply for this opportunity, please visit Staples Global Careers.