Location: Dartmouth, NS
The Human Resources Generalist provides a range of HR services to the site business operations. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for developing and maintaining an in depth understanding of the Company business objectives and will propose client focused HR solutions. The incumbent will identify people issues and factors that may affect the business operations and recommend new initiatives that will positively impact the goals and objectives of the company.
The Human Resources Generalist must also develop and maintain an in depth understanding of both legislated and Corporate Human Resources policies, procedures and practices and their impact on the business.
This position reports to the Human Resources Manager.
- Provides onsite HR support in all areas including recruitment, retention, policy, HR planning, legislation, employee relations, performance management, succession planning, organizational development, and other related tasks
- Assists HR Manager in reporting and analysis requirements such as Attrition, Exit Interviewing and Payroll
- Facilitates orientation program and on-boarding of new hires in HR Manager’s absence
- Participates in the BRC and JOHS Committee
- Responsible for assisting HR Manager with policy implementation and internal HR communications.
- Assists HR Manager in completing assessments on internal labour force and external labour market for recruiting strategies and succession planning
- Assists in identifying retention issues and recommends solutions that will enable our organization to address future and current people requirements
- Co-ordinates the implementation of reward and recognition programs under direction of P3 Manager
Supports all site and corporate initiatives designed to maximize employee satisfaction and reinforce the company culture. Works with HR Manager to proactively identify people implications of these initiatives and recommend solutions
- Partners with HR Manager and operations to promote community involvement
- Assists HR Manager with site benefit administration
- Manages local Site’s HR administration through ADP (People@work) and HRD systems
- Maintains employee files and the HR filing system
- Responsible for the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office
- Liaises with HR Manager and/or Director on complex HR issues
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
- University degree or college diploma in Human Resources
- Minimum of one year experience in a related role
- Demonstrated sound understanding of human resources practices and applicable legislation, and their applicability in a highly specialized and complex workplace
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to resolve varied and complex problems independently and in a timely fashion
- Superior maintenance and understanding of strict confidentiality
- Flexible working hours when necessary
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check required (Credit check may also apply)
- CHRP designation considered an asset
Application: If you are interested in applying for this position please do so by emailing your resume and cover letter on
or before Friday, February 3, 2017 to Holly McConnell at email@example.com