Type: Customer Service
Location: Halifax Contact Centre, Lower Sackville
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides support to call center and cyber agents and retail associates – answering questions, investigating and resolving issues for internal and external customers, building and maintaining confidence through correctly answering questions, offering suggestions and relaying information regarding policies and procedures. (50%)
- Handles escalated calls upon request and follows up on customer issues. Maintains a supervisory log for tracking purposes. (20%)
- Identifies and tracks questions/trends and communicates information to various internal partners. (10%)
- Meets and maintains department production standards. (10%)
- Perform other related duties as required or requested. (10%)
The preceding Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Confidence to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal, to a varied audience that includes customers, store managers, vendors and internal Staples departments.
- Good problem-solving skills and decision-making abilities. Demonstrated ability to make quick decisions and negotiate for a win-win resolution of customer’s problems. Able to collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that each customer service inquiry is resolved efficiently.
- Solid Staples knowledge including AS400 system, ordering procedures, customer support procedures, retail procedures and all other applicable policies/procedures. Aptitude for understanding and utilizing a wide array of resources and policies.
- PC literate – will need to use a designated system for tracking, recording, and reporting trends and issues. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook, and able to navigate multiple internet sites simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills – must be capable of multi-tasking duties.
- Works independently with minimal supervision or direction. Highly motivated, dedicated and flexible, ability to adapt to a constantly evolving environment.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or GED
MINIMUM PRIOR RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE TYPICALLY REQUIRED
1 to 3 years (Customer Service and Contact Center experience)
For more information and to apply for this opportunity, please visit: Staples Global Careers
Deadline to apply is May 1, 2017