Wanted: Business Development Manager in Halifax
- Drive aggressive sales improvement by unlocking incremental sales opportunities (e.g., targeting a customer for whom Staples is likely a secondary vendor)
- Generate consistent revenue stream from both current and new accounts
- Secure long-term category wins through price, value, overall program value proposition (i.e. repurchase rates)
- Uncover new sales opportunities through pipeline management (e.g., new buyers, new categories, new locations, new competitive set)
- Leverage pipeline to forecast sales growth and track lead sourcing on a monthly basis
- Qualify customers on an annual basis validating data such as company size, physical location(s), # of buyers at each location, sales growth
- Possess detailed knowledge of customer insights (i.e., business size, industry, purchasing behavior, etc.) and leverage data (with data science) to determine optimal contact strategy
- Possess strong negotiation and sales skills to win/steal business, utilizing Negotiated Pricing as primary selling tool
- Display strong knowledge of key national/regional competitors
- Collaborate with specialized business groups to secure sales in new product categories
Shift: 9:30am to 6pm – Monday to Friday
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-877-782-7537.
For more information and to apply for this opportunity, please visit Staples Global Careers.